Basement Flooded in Shorewood?
Water intrusion prevention tips from FEMA
Shorewood residents are exposed to all kinds of severe weather. With winter storms comes the potential for water intrusion into the basement of your home or business. According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) water can get into a basement through:
- Through the drainage system, known as the sump.
- Backing up through the sewer lines under the house.
- Seeping through cracks in the walls and floor.
- Through windows and doors, called overland flooding.
SERVPRO® of Plainfield/Naperville South responds to water damage emergencies throughout the year and is our teams of highly trained technicians have the specialized training, experience, and equipment to mitigate water damage quickly and efficiently. Here are some ways to divert water away from your foundation to minimize the possibility of water intrusion from FEMA:
- Channel and disperse water away from the structure by lengthening the run of downspouts with rigid or flexible extensions.
- Prevent interior intrusion through windows and replace weather stripping as needed.
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business experiences a flooded basement or other water damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Plainfield/Naperville South has a team of highly trained technicians on-call to assist you 24 hours a day. Call us today at 630-369-9710. We’ll restore your property damage in Shorewood, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Plainfield/Naperville South is Independently Owned and Operated.