Big Snowstorm in Plainfield?
Last month heavy snow and severe storms hit Plainfield. SERVPRO® of Plainfield/Naperville South responds to storm damage emergencies often during the winter and offer these tips from the American Red Cross for preparing for winter storms:
At a minimum, the Red Cross encourages people to do these things to stay safe:
- Listen to local area radio, NOAA radio, or TV stations for the latest information and updates
- Be prepared to evacuate if you lose power or heat and know your routes and destinations. Find a local emergency shelter.
- Check emergency kit and replenish any items missing or in short supply, especially medications and medical supplies. Keep it nearby.
- Be sure you have ample heating fuel
- If you have alternative heating sources, such as fireplaces, wood- or coal-burning stoves, or space heaters, be sure they are clean and in working order
- Bring your companion animals inside and ensure that your horses and livestock have blankets if appropriate and unimpeded access to shelter, food, and non-frozen water
Illinois weather is unpredictable, and storms can blow in with little advanced warning. When your Plainfield home or commercial business has a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Plainfield/Naperville South has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 630-369-9710.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.